Church School for youth meets following communion on Sunday mornings from September through May.
We offer three class levels. Primary for ages 2 through 7, Junior for ages 8-11 and Senior for ages 12 – 18. The Primary and Junior classes focus on weekly lessons that give them a solid grounding in the basics of our faith through Bible stories, lessons on Feast days and lives of the Saints, songs, games, crafts, etc. The Senior class is structured as a discussion group and they will cover current events and teen issues.
Please join us. For more information or to register your child, please contact the church office.
PTC Mailing List
If you would like to be added to our email list for updates about our parish youth activities, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘youth updates’ in the subject line.
Ongoing Youth Activities
Our PTC (Parent Teacher Council) continues to grow and expand its efforts to help the youth of our parish grow in Christ.
Some of our events include:
- September Service project and outing for teens
- October Patron Saint Day Procession
- October Harvest Hootenanny – This event is held in our church hall and offers our youth an alternative to Halloween parties. It has grown to be a huge success and a great deal of fun each year. There is food, music, and games for young and old, followed by a bonfire (weather permitting).
- St. Nicholas Day Breakfast and Activities
- Yolka/Christmas Party and Program – The Sunday after Christmas, the children put on a short program after Liturgy in the church hall for everyone. A potluck meal and fellowship follows.
- Kid’s Baking Days (after Nativity and before Pascha)
- Winter Outing
- Orthodoxy Sunday Procession
- Lazarus Saturday Communion Breakfast/Tie willows and palms – The Church School children receive Holy Communion together and then parents and children enjoy a pancake breakfast and prepare the willows and palms for Palm Sunday the next day.
- Palm Sunday Procession
- Bright Monday Celebration – After Divine Liturgy, everyone enjoys a potluck meal and the children play games.
- End-of-Year/Graduation Party
- Vacation Church School in August – We offer Vacation Church School during the first week of August. Each morning begins with prayers and then the children are divided into two age groups for a short lesson. Afterward they all gather in the parish hall for activities and crafts, games and music. Each day ends with a light lunch and closing prayers.