Church School for our youth meets following communion on Sunday mornings from September through May.
At PTVM we offer three class levels: Primary for pre and emergent readers, Junior for our stronger readers and pre-teens in our Senior class for ages 12 – 18. The Primary and Junior classes focus on weekly lessons giving the students a solid grounding in the basics of our faith through Old Testament Bible stories, teaching the lives of the Saints, and sharing the Liturgical life of the Church including all major fasts and feasts. The Senior class is structured as a discussion group which covers current events and teen issues.
Register your child for the 22-23 Sunday School Year.
We have a brand new children and young adult library with multiple books, learning sets, and snuggly saints available for check out! All items are available for our parishioners to borrow for one week.
Click here to see what’s available.
Click here to see what we are up to!
Ongoing Youth Activities
Our PTC (Parent Teacher Council) continues to grow and expand its efforts to help the youth of our parish grow in Christ.
Some of our events include:
- Back to School Bash
- October Patron Saint Day Procession
- Fall outing to a pumpkin patch.
- St. Nicholas Day Breakfast and Activities
- Yolka/Christmas Party and Program – The Sunday after Christmas, the children put on a short program after Liturgy in the church hall for everyone. A potluck meal and fellowship follows.
- Kid’s Baking Days (after Nativity and before Pascha)
- Winter Outing
- Orthodoxy Sunday Procession
- Lazarus Saturday Communion Breakfast/Tie willows and palms – The Church School children receive Holy Communion together and then parents and children enjoy a pancake breakfast and prepare the willows and palms for Palm Sunday the next day.
- Palm Sunday Procession
- Bright Monday Celebration – After Divine Liturgy, everyone enjoys a potluck meal and the children play games.
- End-of-Year/Graduation Party
Related Youth Education Links
Youth and Young Adult Ministries