Protection of the Virgin Mary Orthodox Church is a parish of the Midwest Diocese of the Orthodox Church in America, in communion with the world-wide canonical Eastern Orthodox Churches. His Grace, Paul of Chicago is our presiding bishop, and the head of our Church is His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon. Our parish was established in 1911 at 17th Avenue and Fillmore Street in Gary, IN. From 1959 until December 1998, we were located at 505 E. 45th Ave. We are now at home at 8600 Grand Blvd in Merrillville, IN, where we serve parishioners living throughout Northwest Indiana.
Orthodox and non-Orthodox visitors are always welcome. Services are in English.